Some lessons learned from participative projects using ecosystem service (ESS):
1. Build trust
2. Level playing field – but don´t forget: power imbalances exist everywhere!
4. Positive thinking
5. Out-of-box thinking
6. ESS-Valuation: Include all relevant ESS; compare ESS with same metrics.
6. Create common visions
7. System thinking helps to connect topics and issues
8. Link interventions with what stakeholders need
9. Plan you participative process carefully!
10. Be critical and self reflexive
and last but not least:
11. Have FUN and make the process enjoyable!